Update: Loomis COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures
During the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Loomis continues to operate on a ‘business as usual’ basis. When service disruptions occur at our branches, we are partnering with our customers to minimize interruptions and overcome ongoing challenges during this worldwide pandemic.
To help slow the spread of the virus, we continue to maintain safeguards to help protect the health and safety of our customers, our employees, and our communities. At the same time, we continue to observe federal, state, county, and local government orders. These safeguards are adjusted as needed in response to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our Branches Implement New CDC Recommendation to Slow the Spread
On April 3rd, 2020, the CDC recommended that individuals wear cloth face masks when outside of their homes and especially in areas of significant community-based transmission. As part of this recommendation, cloth face masks must be combined with social distancing.
In response to this new strategy, Loomis has ordered washable cloth face masks, which will be distributed throughout the branches in late April and available for employees to use at their discretion. While these cloth face masks are not as effective as the N95 respirator masks used by healthcare professionals, they will help to slow the spread of the virus from symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals.
Loomis strives to keep PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) items in stock for its employees, despite nationwide shortages. Our sustained efforts have been rewarded, as supplies such as hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, cloth face masks, face shields, thermometers, and gloves will be available to our branches the week of April 6th. Some of these supplies are now available and will be replenished as needed. These supplies will help Loomis to slow the spread of the virus and ensure the safety and health of our teammates.
Our Branches Continue to Use COVID-19 Reduction Strategies
Loomis continues to inform all employees about COVID-19 protocols to be followed in the branches via in-home communications and at-work signage, posters, guides, and video. We are also implementing and enhancing procedures to maintain branch employee health and safety.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, Loomis is utilizing the following strategies:
- Increasing efforts to keep our branches sanitary and disinfected: Branches and vehicles are cleaned regularly, while branches and vehicles in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a greater frequency. High-touch areas of the branch are sanitized throughout the day, with each employee responsible for sanitizing their work area at the end of shift. All hand-held devices used at the branch are cleaned throughout the day and night.
- Reinforcing proper health and hygiene routines: Employees are reminded to follow health and hygiene practices outlined by the Centers for Disease Control, which include social distancing, frequent hand washing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding touching the eyes, nose, mouth, or face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, using cloth face masks, and disinfecting home and work areas.
- Limiting branch access: Loomis has barred non-essential visitors to its branches and is developing guidelines for monitoring temperatures of all employees and essential visitors who seek to enter the branches. Using non-contact thermometers promises to identify individuals with symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 virus and restrict their access to facilities on a daily basis.
- Utilizing social distancing: Since social distancing limits the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus, we have instituted various strategies within our branches to strengthen social distancing. Some examples include staggered work schedules and breaks to reduce employee groupings, restricting employees to one table within our break rooms, and instructional signage at areas with high employee concentrations to reinforce the concept of 6-foot distancing.
- Identifying COVID-19 positive employees: In the event an employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any contacts are traced and notified. No employee will be allowed to return to work without a doctor’s confirmation that the employee is symptom free.
- Monitoring employee staffing: Loomis continues to monitor employee staffing fluctuations and absenteeism on a daily basis to ensure staffing levels are maintained and to confirm employee health issues related to COVID-19 are tracked.
Our Executive Team Continues to Monitor and Manage the COVID-19 Threat
Our executive team continues to monitor branch events 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to confirm that staffing levels keep our locations operating on a ‘business as usual’ basis.
Workflows will be adjusted to maintain contractual service agreements, and in the event of an unavoidable service interruption, customers will be notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
We hope that you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy during this unprecedented health crisis. We will continue to monitor ongoing events and respond accordingly to ensure we meet the needs of our customers, employees, and partners.
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.