Loomis US and the Third Coronavirus Surge
Loomis US and the Third Coronavirus Surge
With the US feeling the impact of the third coronavirus surge, Loomis continues to follow the guidelines of federal, state, county, and local governments along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations. The nation reached a total of 8.7 million confirmed cases in the US.
At the Loomis branches throughout the US, we continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by protecting our employees and customers with masks, strict social distancing, and other recognized infectious disease risk reduction strategies. Our facilities and vehicles continue to be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Loomis Critical Infrastructure Workers and Exposure to COVID-19
Loomis employees are classified as Critical Infrastructure Workers under the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s essential critical infrastructure workforce classification.
CDC guidelines released on September 11, 2020, permit critical infrastructure workers to continue performing their duties if exposed to the COVID-19 virus as long as they remain asymptomatic and additional precautions are followed. At Loomis branches, these precautions are covered by the Loomis Wellness Check Screenings, mandatory mask usage, social distancing, and disinfection of work areas.
Continuing Critical Infrastructure Support
Loomis employees continue to do their part to maintain the nation’s critical infrastructure during the ongoing national emergency by providing its essential services to the retail and financial sectors.
When our employees are sometimes required to travel to other city and state locations to provide critical infrastructure support, Loomis employees carry an ‘Essential Employee: Critical Infrastructure Worker Notification’ card. This card is used with the employee’s Loomis Identification Card, helps expedite travel as allowed by federal, state, and local jurisdictions.
Ongoing COVID-19 Reduction Strategies
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, Loomis branch employees continue to follow established CDC guidelines. Mandatory masks, social distancing, washing hands, cleaning and disinfecting work areas, and monitoring personal health play a key role in reducing the spread. Ongoing meetings, videos, posters, and signage reinforce these guidelines.
The following COVID-19 reduction strategies also remain in use throughout the branches:
- Thermal Temperature Checks: Loomis branches with a large number of employees will be equipped with contactless fever detection devices to streamline the COVID-19 symptom screening process. Employees with a fever will return home and seek medical care.
- Branch Wellness Check screenings: All Loomis employees, customers, and essential visitors are subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings. The screenings consist of a brief questionnaire to establish if the employee, customer, or essential visitor to identify exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days. The questionnaire follows a no-contact temperature check. Wellness screenings are not documented, and those with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are not allowed into the branch. All branch visitors must wear a mask during their visit. Loomis continues to monitor each state’s travel restrictions to help facilitate customer branch audits and other essential visits.
- Health and hygiene: CDC health and hygiene protocols are practiced by branch employees, including mandatory masks, social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding hand contact of the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their work areas. Employees are also encouraged to use these health and hygiene practices outside their jobs.
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are regularly cleaned; those in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas at the branches are sanitized throughout the day, and employees are responsible for sanitizing their work areas with disinfectant wipes at the end of their shifts. Hand-held devices are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept near branch time clocks so that our employees can disinfect their keypads, and paper towel dispensers are located near facility doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- Mandatory masks: Masks are available to all Loomis employees, and we continue to keep them in supply at our branches. All employees are required to wear masks in the branches. We continue to adhere to federal, state, county, and local governments’ requirements on their proper usage, and we also respect our customers’ requests while providing services.
- Social distancing: The importance of social distancing is emphasized in our breakrooms with scheduled breaks to keep employees apart by a minimum distance of six feet. Branch areas where employees have to stand in line are demarcated with floor decals to space employees apart a minimum distance of six feet.
- COVID-19 testing policy: If a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work without a doctor’s confirmation that they are free of symptoms.
Monitoring Loomis Branches for COVID-19
All health-related branch events, including employee health issues related to COVID-19, are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week by the Loomis executive team. By continuing to oversee branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism daily to ensure the fulfillment of contractual service agreements during the pandemic, Loomis ensures that our branches operate on a ‘business as usual’ basis.
In the event of an unavoidable service interruption, our customers are notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
Loomis is ramping up efforts to ensure that our employees get their annual flu vaccines to reduce occurrences of severe respiratory illnesses. While the flu shot does not protect against COVID-19, it protects against multiple strains of the influenza viruses expected to be in circulation this flu season.
Loomis remains committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and maintaining the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We always strive to fulfill our customers’ needs and work with our customers to help reopen their businesses.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.