Loomis Addresses COVID-19 Efforts as Country Reopens
Phased Reopening of the US during the COVID-19 Pandemic
As the nation proceeds with a phased reopening of many businesses, Loomis continues to maintain 100% of its branch operations. At Loomis, operating 'business as usual' is a top priority that is necessary to meet the needs of our customers. We are determined to accomplish this goal in conjunction with our parallel commitment to protect the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and our communities.
To mitigate the spread of the virus, Loomis diligently follows federal, state, county, and local government health guidelines, and adheres to protocols in our branches such as using cloth face coverings, social distancing, washing hands, and avoiding physical contact. Loomis knows that now is not the time to relax the safeguards we have in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Our Focus is on Slowing the Spread and Maintaining Operations
The recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) serve as the foundation for how we keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, and we utilize their guidelines as they continue to evolve. On April 24, 2020, the CDC updated its list of COVID-19 symptoms, and the list now consists of coughing, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
Loomis has modified its Loomis Branch Wellness Checks now in effect at our branches with these updated CDC symptoms. Our branch wellness screening consists of a brief questionnaire to determine if those who seek branch access have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if they have any of the updated symptoms of the virus. This is followed by a no-contact temperature check to confirm the absence of a fever. No records are kept of these screenings, but those who have symptoms are not allowed into the branch. All Loomis employees and essential visitors are subject to the Loomis Branch Visitation Policy. We continue to ask all non-essential visitors to refrain from scheduling any visits to Loomis facilities.
Loomis continues to conduct virtual audits of its branches to identify compliance risks in the absence of traditional, on-site assessments in the wake of our internal travel restrictions.
Loomis continues to distribute cloth face coverings to all employees across the US and has ordered an additional 10,000 branded face coverings in line with the CDC recommendation that all individuals use them to slow the spread of the virus when social distancing is not an option. Loomis also continues to provide PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) items such as hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and nitrile gloves to all of its employees.
Our Strategies Protect Our Customers and Employees
Loomis knows it is crucial for our employees to follow the procedures that reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and we continue to reinforce these methods via in-home and at-work communications. Loomis is currently circulating a COVID-19 Prevention video throughout the branches that reinforces the concepts of physical distancing, washing your hands with soap or hand sanitizer, wearing face coverings, avoiding physical contact, and sanitizing the work area. The video also reiterates the revised CDC list of symptoms and summarizes when individuals should seek emergency medical attention. With these efforts, we repeatedly remind our employees how to protect the health and safety of their customers, their community, and themselves.
The following COVID-19 strategies continue to be used throughout the branches:
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are cleaned regularly while branches and vehicles in 'hot spot' areas are cleaned at a greater frequency. High-touch areas of the branches are sanitized throughout the day, with each employee responsible for sanitizing their work area at the end of shift. All hand-held devices used at the branch are cleaned throughout the day and night.
- Health and hygiene procedures: Health and hygiene practices as outlined by the CDC such as using cloth face coverings combined with social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding touching the eyes, nose, mouth, or face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting home and work areas are regularly reinforced at the branches.
- Social distancing policies: The importance of social distancing is evident in our breakrooms, where only one chair is available to a table, and the tables are separated by a minimum of six feet. Disinfectant wipes are kept close to our time clocks so that our employees are able to disinfect its keypad, and paper towel dispensers are located near our doors to eliminate the need of physical contact with the door. Work schedules and breaks are scheduled to minimize employee groupings that impede social distancing.
- Cloth face covering availability: Cloth face coverings have been distributed nationwide to our employees for use in conjunction with social distancing, and we continue to keep them in supply for our branches. We continue to adhere to local, state, and federal requirements on their usage as we respect our customers' requests while providing services.
- COVID-19 positive employee identification: In the event an employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any contacts are traced and notified. No employee will be allowed to return to work without a doctor's confirmation that the employee is free of symptoms.
- Employee staffing monitoring: Loomis continues to monitor employee staffing fluctuations and absenteeism daily to ensure staffing levels are maintained and to track employee health issues related to COVID-19.
Our Executive Team Maintains ‘Business as Usual'
The Loomis executive team monitors branch events 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep our branches operating on a 'business as usual' basis. They work with our regional, district, and branch management to maintain staffing levels and contractual service agreements. In the event of an unavoidable service interruption, our customers are notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
Returning to Normalcy while Decreasing the Spread
At Loomis, our goal is to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 as the nation incrementally returns to work. Our top priority is to maintain the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities while we fulfill our customers' needs. Together, we will persist in safely reopening the US as we strive to return to a state of normalcy.
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis' assistance during this time, please let us know.