Coronavirus Surge Continues
The following COVID-19 reduction strategies remain in effect throughout the branches:
- Thermal temperature checks: Loomis branches with a large number of employees are being equipped with contactless fever detection devices to streamline the COVID-19 symptom screening process. Employees with a fever will return home and seek medical care.
- Branch Wellness Check screenings: All Loomis employees are subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings. The screenings consist of a brief questionnaire to establish if the employee, customer, or essential visitor to identify exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days. The questionnaire follows a no-contact temperature check, and those with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are not allowed into the branch. Wellness Check screenings are not documented.
- Health and hygiene: CDC health and hygiene protocols are practiced by branch employees, including mandatory masks, social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding hand contact of the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their work areas. Employees are also encouraged to use these health and hygiene practices outside their jobs.
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are regularly cleaned; those in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas at the branches are sanitized throughout the day, and employees are responsible for sanitizing their work areas with disinfectant wipes at the end of their shifts. Hand-held devices are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept near branch time clocks so that our employees can disinfect their keypads, and paper towel dispensers are located near facility doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- Mandatory masks: Cloth face masks are available to all Loomis employees, and we continue to keep them in supply at our branches. All employees are required to wear masks in the branches and on route when servicing our customers and follow the protocols for wearing them correctly.
- Social distancing: The importance of social distancing is emphasized in our breakrooms with scheduled breaks to keep employees apart by a minimum distance of six feet. Large gatherings of employees are prohibited, and branch areas where employees occasionally have to stand in line are demarcated with floor decals to space employees apart with a minimum distance of six feet.
- COVID-19 testing policy: If a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work until they are free of symptoms.
Monitoring Loomis Branches for COVID-19
All health-related branch events, including employee health issues related to COVID-19, are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week by the Loomis executive team. Branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism are monitored daily to ensure the fulfillment of contractual service agreements. Loomis ensures that all of our branches operate on a ‘business as usual’ basis.
In the event of an unavoidable service interruption, our customers are notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
Loomis remains committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and maintaining the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We always strive to fulfill our customers’ needs and work with our customers to help support their businesses.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.